A message from the President of the ACTION Food Pantry Board of Directors…
I want to personally recognize and thank the Pantry Director, Rick Brogden and his Assistant (and wife) Kathy Brogden for spearheading our annual Thanksgiving distribution to the hungry in our communities.
Rick and Kathy and their group of dedicated volunteers found homes for over 360 turkeys, including side dishes, dessert and bread. With the help of the ACTION Congregations collecting and donating food, this all culminated in a successful distribution on Tuesday, November 24, 2020.
Additionally, thanks to many others who were intensely involved in our efforts, including:
- Kristi O’Neal who posted a plea on our website and Facebook page for turkeys to be donated due to a shortage in the amount we were receiving from our suppliers.
- Members of our community responding to that plea with donations. Especially active were members of St. Mark’s Lutheran Church in Hacienda Heights.
- Supervisor Hilda L. Solis, who donated turkeys and sides.
- Senator Susan Rubio, who donated turkeys and sides.
- Suburban Water Company, who donated turkeys.
- Freddie of Covina Smart and Final, who originally was unable to fill our order for turkeys due to a severe shortage of turkeys this year. However, he kept us in mind, and when some turkeys unexpectedly became available, he called us and was able to fill our order.
All of this had to come together for us to be able to serve the hungry in our midst. And I commend and thank everyone who made this happen.
Sincerely, Pastor Steve Otte